February is known as the month of love…and why shouldn’t some of that love be for yourself? The term “self love” is overused for sure, but I want to talk about what Self Love means to me. This month is all about Valentine’s Day and spoiling your loved one. But whether or not you’re celebrating with a special someone, you should always make time to celebrate yourself!
Self love and self care practices have always been an important part of my journey toward health and happiness. I’ve always felt much more comfortable giving gifts, compliments, and acts of kindness than receiving them. Through my journey, I’m learning how to not only receive love but to give it to myself (some of my favorite authors on the subject are Julia Cameron, Mama Gena, and SARK).
Here are some of my favorite ways to show myself love!
- Cooking a beautiful meal for myself
- Taking myself on a date to the park, a museum, or a movie
- Spending time with my pup, Sadie
- Letting go of sugar and making balanced food choices
- Having some “unplugged” time away from my phone, computer, and TV
- Meditating daily
- Planning a spa day, or giving myself a manicure
- Spending time in nature
- Solo dance parties
- My morning routine
- Mentors, therapy, and meditation groups
- Accepting myself and my body, and appreciating where I am right now
How do you show yourself love?
Photo by Gabrielle Henderson on Unsplash