This keto flatbread pizza is a new favorite at The Source. Loaded with protein and healthy fats, it’s a great nutritious alternative to traditional pizza. Of course, if you’re trying to trick young family members into thinking it’s regular pizza, you might stick with more traditional toppings. But if you’re wanting a more gourmet pizza, have fun playing with the toppings, adding your favorites, or trying something new!
4 cups almond flour
½ cup flax meal
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons coconut oil
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh oregano
2 scallions, diced
a handful basil, chopped
½ cup pesto (recipe here)
3 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
12 basil leaves, torn
1 cup feta (I like organic sheeps milk feta, or for a non-dairy option, almond milk ricotta cheese.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with sides with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper with coconut oil.
- Blend the wet ingredients in food processor or whisk by hand.
- Add the dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add the herbs.
- Pour onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Top with pesto, sliced tomatoes, basil leaves, feta, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt.
- Bake for another 12 minutes.
Enjoy this hot or cold, served with hot tomato sauce or more pesto for dipping.