I always know I’ve created something extraordinarily lovable when I see unusual behavior around the food. Like when all of the meat-eating men at a party can’t stop eating the vegan tapa! That’s what happened with these stuffed mushrooms. I love these because they’re tasty, filling, and they have that meaty mouth feel. Of course you can use any kind of mushroom, but I love the button mushrooms because they’re bite-sized and super easy to pop in your mouth. Try these for your next dinner party, game night, or just for your family dinner. Enjoy – – and let me know what you think!
- 16 white button mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- a pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup crushed almonds 1⁄4 cup crushed pecans fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 1⁄2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 basil leaves
- 1⁄2 head parsley
- 6 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup raw spinach
- Juice from 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- Mix together marinade and let mushrooms marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Bake marinated mushrooms in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are baking, sauté the oil, onion, garlic, salt and pepper over medium heat, removing them from the heat after 8 minutes.
- Leave the oven on while you blend the onions and the rest of the ingredients (except sundried tomatoes) in a food processor until slightly creamy. Add the sundried tomatoes and blend for about 10 more seconds to incorporate.
- Add the stuffing to the mushrooms and bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with crushed pecans and almonds and fresh parsley before serving.