Our Healthy Holidays Class on Thursday was so much fun. I love when people are happy to learn my non-traditional holiday recipes, and when they ask me tons of questions. We ended with this peppermint cacao fudge, and it’s safe to say we had a class full of happy eaters! (This delicious fudge is paleo, gluten free, and vegan!)
Some notes about this recipe:
- The full fat coconut milk I use is from the can. Refrigerate the can and do not shake it. Remove the cream from the top and use the milk that’s left.
- Date paste is made by soaking pitted dates overnight in water in the fridge, draining, and then blending. If you don’t have time to soak overnight, soak for an hour in hot water.
- We used peppermint extract. You can try using a (safe for ingesting) peppermint essential oil. I would start with just one drop.
- You can top with anything you like. The goji berries were really declicious, and added some holiday color.
1⁄2 cup full fat coconut milk
1 cup date paste
6 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons coconut butter
3 ounces cacao butter
1 cup raw cacao
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1⁄4 cup cacao nibs
2 tablespoons goji berries
- Heat the coconut milk to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Whisk in all of the ingredients except the cacao nibs and berries.
- Then add 1⁄2 the cacao nibs.
- Pour into your favorite fudge mold or a pan.
- Top with goji berries and the rest of the nibs.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before enjoying.