You asked for it, so here it is: the paleo cauliflower oatmeal we made at the AIP class with Carly. You probably know this, but I love to get veggies in whenever possible, and I’m not huge on carbs unless I need them for exercise. Oh, and hot cereal is one of my favorite treats. Enter cauliflower oatmeal… a vegetable-based hot cereal that is guilt-free. Dress it up any way you want with toppings, or enjoy it plain.
4 cups riced cauliflower (see below for ricing instructions)
1 ½ cups coconut milk
¼ cup water
2 scoops plant protein powder
2 tablespoons vanilla
1 tablespoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon pink sea salt
- If you are starting from whole cauliflower, pulse it in batches in a food processor until it looks like rice.
- Bring the milk and water to a low simmer in a pot.
- Add the cauliflower, constantly stirring, and cook on medium heat for 6 minutes.
- Blend all the rest of the ingredients and 2 cups of the cauliflower mixture in blender or food processor until creamy.
- Add the mixture to the pot and cook for another 3 minutes, then let cool.