We made this carrot cake raw oatmeal in my last cooking class. I love raw oatmeal because the oats retain their nutritional value when they’re raw, and because it’s an easy meal to prep, though you do have to start it the night before. This carrot cake raw oatmeal takes it to the next level, and your whole family will this sweet but super healthy breakfast.
2 1⁄2 cups raw oats
1 cup coconut water
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup grated carrots
1⁄4 cup flax meal
1 1⁄2 tablespoon maple syrup OR 1⁄2 teaspoon stevia
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
a pinch of sea salt
Toppings: Currants, nuts, seeds, fruit, coconut flakes, maple syrup
To Make the Maple Pecan Topping:
- Toss 1 cup raw pecans with1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
To Make the Oatmeal:
- Mix the oats, coconut water, coconut milk, flax meal, maple syrup or stevia, and ground ginger together and let soak, covered, overnight.
- In the morning, blend the mixture in a blender or food processor until creamy.
- Stir in the grated carrots, top with the maple pecans, dried currants, coconut flakes, and any nuts, seeds, or fruit of your choice.