Want to make mom something special for mother’s day? (Mom – – want to receive something delicious and homemade? Print out this recipe and slip it to your partner!) Try this easy-to-make, easy-to-eat chocolate bark. Use whatever toppings you like (suggestions below) and this will be a delicious homemade treat.
1 bag (10 oz) Enjoy Life chocolate chips
(Enjoy Life is an allergen-free brand)
1/2 cup cacao nibs
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Goji berry (1/2 cup) & orange zest (from 1 orange – whisk in with nibs & salt)
- Caramel Salted Coconut – sprinkle with Dang coconut sea salt chips & sea salt
- Hemp Seeds (1/4 cup) and matcha (1 teaspoon – whisk in while chocolate melts)
- Sea Salt & Almond – Roasted & Salted Marcona Almonds (1/2 cup chopped) and sea salt (pictured)
- Raw Seeds/Nuts and/or any chopped dried fruit (1/2 cup… your choice!)
- Cranberry (1/4 cup) -Orange Zest (1 orange, mix in while melting) -Hazelnut (1/4 cup chopped)
- More Chocolate – with kids I have topped with M&Ms or Peanut butter cup bites!
- Line a 9 x 13 baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a pan of simmering water.
- Stir until melted and completely smooth.
- Mix in the salt and cacao nibs.
- Immediately pour onto prepared baking sheet and spread to be about 1/4 inch thick with a flexible rubber heatproof spatula.
- Top with your choice of toppings and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- To serve, break into pieces.
- For a nice presentation, wrap with parchment paper and twine with a card for Mom.
This can be stored in the fridge up to a week in an airtight container.