I’ve been LOVING this soup lately. I like the big batch because I can freeze half of it, and it’s a really versatile soup that you can eat with any of the add-ons below, or add roasted chicken to. Pre-portion it if you want to have it on the go, or drink it as a savory smoothie topped with seeds. You can even use it as a base to roast a chicken breast. (Stay tuned for my veggie “cheese” recipe – made from this soup and grass-fed gelatin.)
½ head broccoli, chopped
3 small zucchini, chopped
1 head kale, chopped
1 white onion, chopped
4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
8 garlic cloves, peeled
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh turmeric, chopped
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cinnamon
juice of 1 lemon
sun chlorella, seeds, coconut milk, extra roasted veggies, olive oil, avocado
- Put all the ingredients in a large soup pot and fill with water until everything is covered by an inch of water.
- Cooke on medium heat, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Blend soup until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and extra ginger if you want it spicy.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil, some chopped avocado, a spoonful of chlorella, or coconut milk and extra veggies.