I was sick for over a week, and I had to get creative about how I would get my nutrition. Necessity is the mother of invention, right? So I put some of my favorite things together to make this healing soup/latte. I got all the nutrition I needed from the bone broth, and an extra boost of healing from the turmeric-ginger tea. Add in some coconut milk for some healthy fat and creamy taste, and this little concoction made me feel so nurtured while I was sick!
2 cups bone broth
two inches of turmeric root
two inches of ginger root
1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
1 tablespoon honey
- Chop the turmeric and ginger roots into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Heat the bone broth on high in a small pot. Put the turmeric teabag and the turmeric and ginger pieces in with the bone broth, cover, and let it come to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and let the tea steep for 4 minutes, then strain, keeping the turmeric and ginger pieces for later.
- Add in the coconut milk and honey, stir, and enjoy!
- For extra healing, enjoy the turmeric and ginger pieces throughout your day.
*I use Rishi’s Turmeric Ginger tea
For more info on bone broth benefits, check out cognitune.com/bone-broth-benefits.