This is my new favorite go-to meal. I’m obsessed with the big chunks of fresh ginger and turmeric and I love the sweetness from the cinnamon and coconut cream. This is one you can add to and play with. I’ve made variations where I’ve added sprouted brown rice or quinoa and some roasted chicken, but usually I just love this big bowl of healing veggies plain. I feel nourished, satisfied, and happy when I eat this coconut veggie bowl… I hope you do too!
juice of half a lemon
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes, constantly stirring.
- Add turmeric, ginger, and carrots, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream, water, the rest of the veggies, cinnamon, salt, and black pepper.
- Cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and add a squeeze of lemon. Cook for another minute and season to taste. Sometimes I add a little of the coconut water if I want it to be more like a soup.
- Eat plain or top with a handful of raw sunflower and pumpkin seeds.